|General Availability||Extended Support||Mature Support||Retired|
|Extended Lifecycle Support5|
|With the release of a new major version||Following General Availability||Following Extended Support||Following Mature Support|
|Duration:||Duration:||Duration (Mature Support):|
|Until the release of a new major version, minimum 24 months||12 month||12 month|
1 Latest release
2 Eligible for support is the current minor release. Problems can also be reported for earlier releases, a possible bugfix will be included in a future release. Differing requirements can be handled via Support Plus.
3 Stability of con terra Technologies configuration & interfaces (as documented) is ensured.
4 New operating systems, browsers, Java versions, etc.
5 Support Plus contract necessary, effort-based accounting.
Information on the lifecycle phases
- The latest version of a product is usually in the General Availability phase.
- It is recommended to always use the current version.
- This version is under active development.
- Lifecycle phase after the release of a new major version.
- Software is still maintained.
- The Extended Support period should be used to plan the migration of a solution to the current major release.
- At the latest now a solution should be changed to the current main version.
- If this is not possible, it is recommended to continue operating the solution in Extended Lifecycle Support.
The lifecycle phase of each product is shown below.
|Product||General Availability||Extended Support||Mature Support||Retired|
|map.apps Line 4||✔|
|map.apps Smart Search 2.x||✔|
|map.apps Line 3||✔||(August 2022)|
|map.apps GEONIS 1.x||✔||(August 2022)|
|map.apps Offline 1.x||✔||(August 2022)|
|map.apps Smart Search 1.x||✔||(January 2022)|
|map.apps User Management 4.x||✔|
|security.manager ArcGIS Edition 1.x||✔||(January 2022)||(January 2023)|
|security.manager Enterprise Edition 4.x||✔|
|security.manager NEXT 1.x||✔|
|smart.finder 1.x||✔||(January 2022)|